Now, with CV Product Search your sales rep can easily search and add multiple products to the opportunity. This app is designed natively on a Salesforce platform and compatible with standard opportunity and product objects.
Lightning interface gives you limited field options to search products and add to the opportunity but with CV Product Search there is no limitation on the field you search your product. You can refine your search result by using multiple field filters in a single search keeping all the other standard Salesforce functionality as it is.
- CV Product Search increases productivity of your sales team.
- Reduce time by giving accurate results without any hassle.
- Enhance lightning product search functionality.
- Please visit the Download tab from your CV App Account.
- Select your environment sandbox or production and click on the button to get the installation link accordingly to install the app in the selected environment.
We recommend installing the app in the sandbox first and then install in production if everything looks fine.
- Please enter login details of your Salesforce administrator if you are presented with the login screen
- Once you are presented with the installation screen, you are required to select which of your users should be granted access to the CV Product Search app including all its components.
Most customers should select the middle option “Install for All Users”, which will ensure that all users have the proper permissions should they be assigned a license in the next step.
Click the Checkbox as shown to Acknowledge your installation.
Once you make your selection, click the Install button.
Once the installation is complete, click the Done button to return to your Salesforce org. You may see a message stating that the installation is taking a long time to complete. In this case, you will receive an email once the installation finishes.
Now CV Product is Installed in your System.
You can verify the same in the installed packages. From Setup, Search Installed Package and Click “Installed Packages” to view.
Add CV Add Multiple Product button on page layout
From Setup, Click on Object Manager
Search opportunity in quick find search
Click on Opportunity, Click to Page Layouts and Click on the opportunity layout where you want to add the button to add the products.
Scroll down for the Product Related list and click on the gear icon to open the Products Related list properties.
Click on + icon the Button header. Select CV Add Multiple Products from the Available Buttons and Click on Add to move the button to Selected Buttons.
Note : You can uncheck Add Products standard button as well to avoid any confusion with the inbuilt search.
Customize Columns on the Product Search Page
As an admin you can easily customize which columns to display on the product search page using following below steps.
- From Setup, Go to Object Manager.
- Search Product in quick find search and Click on the Product.
- Click on Field Sets and Select CV Product Search Field Set to edit.
- Drag the required field from the product object in the list as shown below
- Click Save.
- All the selected fields now will be available on your product search page.
Customize Columns on the Opportunity Line Item Page
As an admin you can easily customize which columns to display on the Opportunity Line Item edit page using following below steps.
- From Setup, Go to Object Manager.
- Search Product in quick find search and Click on the Opportunity Product.
- Click on Field Sets and Select CV Opportunity Product Field Set to edit.
- Drag the required field from the Opportunity Product object or other related object in the list as shown below
- Click Save.
- All the selected fields now will be available on your Opportunity Line Item edit page.
CV Product Search is easy to use and gives refined search results which enables you to browse only the relevant products for that opportunity. It reduces time and increases your productivity.
Go to your opportunity record.
Navigate to the Product Related list and Click on the CV Add Multiple Product list button.
Note: If you don't see the button check with your admin and ask to follow the steps given at Install and Configure CV product Search.
You will be redirected to the Product Search Page as shown. If the pricebook is not selected then you will get the option to choose the pricebook first. Please choose the required pricebook and save to proceed.
Type any keyword in the By keyword box and hit the Search button.
Note : We recommend to use the Field Filter for more enhanced search results and use multiple filters to refine the results to show only relevant products.
To use field filters select any field from the dropdown. This dropdown will have all the custom and standard fields available on your product object.
Select the operator and enter value to search.
Results will appear accordingly.
You can Select Checkbox to add multiple Products individually or Select all Products on that page with a single checkbox on header.
You can Navigate to pages using the "First", "Previous", "Next", "Last" button to view the list of products.
Click on "Add Selected Products" to add these products to your line item.
On the next page Enter Quantity and other details and Click Save.
You can check the Selection Instruction given at the Top of the Product Search Page for any help.
- Type any text (2 or more characters) in the "By Keyword" box to search the products based on that keyword.
Note: It will search on Text, Phone, and Email type of field Only.
- Use "By Field Filter" for a more refined search based on any field on your product.
- Select the Field from the dropdown, then select the operator as needed and type value.
- Click the Search button to display a list of products.
- You can use up to 10 filters to refine your search.
- Navigate to pages using "First", "Previous", "Next", "Last" buttons to view the list of products.
- Select Checkbox to choose individual Product or Select all Products on that page with a single checkbox on the header.
- Click on "Add Selected Products" to add these products to your line item.
- On the next page Enter Quantity and other details and Click Save.
- Do not use a special character in By keyword for more accurate results.
- Use "By Field Filter" for a more refined list of products.
- Supported Format for Date or Date/Time type of field: YYYY-MM-DD or TODAY , YESTERDAY , TOMORROW , LAST_WEEK , THIS_WEEK , NEXT_WEEK , LAST_MONTH , THIS_MONTH , NEXT_MONTH , LAST_90_DAYS , NEXT_90_DAYS , LAST_QUARTER , THIS_QUARTER , NEXT_QUARTER
- Supported Value for Checkbox: True, TRUE, true, False, FALSE, false
- For Multi-Picklist type of field with equals operator Use Values separated by a semicolon(; ). E.g. Enter Option A; Option B; Option C in value with equals operator.
Note: If you search based on both "By keyword" and "By Field filter" then the Product list will be displayed based on either of these two criteria. i.e. Results will be equal or more if both the searches are used simultaneously.
Admin can customize columns displayed using "CV Product Field Set" Field Sets on Product Object.